Monday, April 7, 2014

Guide to Badges Part V



Guide to Badges Part V

It's been a while, but here's the next installment in the guide to JetBlue badges. The badges this round aren't quite as big on the rewards, but are helpful to progress closer to level six where more social media badges can be earned, which give out TrueBlue points.



The Breakdown

These are mostly partner badges, so they may require more effort than most badges. I was able to gift $10 worth of TrueBlue points to a charity for just under 1,400 points. While this was probably a badge that I could've skipped, I think it's great to be able to give back by using points. 

The Power Up badge requires you to change electricity providers for a few months. If you do some research, there is a lot of bad info out there about Energy Plus. However, they advertise a lower rate than you already have during the first few months, so as long as you can cancel within ~3 months it will most likely save you money. I cancelled mine already because I didn't want to find out what everyone else seems to know - the prices can skyrocket at random and become a huge rip off. Only tackle this one if you'll remember to cancel.

For More the Marriott, I used a recent stay at a Fairfield Inn to have the points transfer to my TrueBlue account instead of to Marriott points. Using the Marriott card I was able to get about 500 points for a $100 hotel room. This will of course vary by how expensive of a hotel you choose, but can be lucrative if you've had your fill of Marriott points already.

Finally, the Bloom badge was an easy score from Valentine's day when I ordered flowers for my girlfriend from FTD. Although they delivered the wrong bouquet, it was good to get the badge and a few extra points. Can't say I've had good experiences with FTD in the past, so this was probably my last purchase with them, but if you need some flowers, why not grab a few points along the way.

This should put you pretty close to, if not already at, level six. Some easier badges await you there, which I will cover in the next segment. 

 - J





No comments:

Post a Comment