Monday, March 17, 2014

Did You Get the Bloom Badge?

 

Finally, the Bloom Badge!

Well it certainly was nice to get the FTD points added to my TrueBlue account just days after my purchase for Valentine's day, but the badge...that took some time. I waited over a month before contacting JetBlue about my lack of badge. And what did they have to say about it?


Back in February, just a few weeks before Valentine's Day, I wrote a post about using FTD to getTrueBlue points, a great and convenient option for some bonus points, as well as achieving the Bloom badge. Within a couple of days my FTD purchase points posted to my TrueBlue account - but until last week I had yet to receive my Bloom Badge.

I haven't been able to yet discover the exact workings of how badges get added, but the slightly unreliable nature of getting them leads me to believe that many of them are added manually. Badges for flights and social media are almost instant, which makes sense since it's easy to build a trigger around that. But the partner badges seem to be a bit less organized.

I reached out to JetBlue customer service to see what was up. They confirmed that I had indeed met the requirements for the Bloom badge and forwarded my case over to the appropriate department for handling, promising the badge would come within 30 days. Another 30 days?! That would have been up to 2 months after I first should've gotten the badge. Luckily, they didn't leave me hanging and a few days later I logged in to the pleasant surprise of a new badge - one step closer to level six!
Has anyone else had trouble getting their Bloom badge in a timely manner? Let me know!

- John

Update: As of May 2014, FTD is no longer listed as a JetBlue partner. Another company, 1-800 Flowers is listed, however there is no badge yet associated with earning TrueBlue points through the new flower provider. 1-800 Flowers offers 30 TrueBlue points per dollar spent.


No comments:

Post a Comment