Friday, January 17, 2014

TrueBlue Rewards Partners

What's Worth the Trouble

Like any airline or hotel program, Jet Blue's TrueBlue program has some affiliate partners that give bonuses or offer point earning crossovers. They are of varying qualities and amounts - some easy and a great way to nab some extra points and others aren't as worth the hassle. 


TrueBlue program affiliates
A quick run down of points offers.


So, to get a quick idea of what may be worth your time, I've made this handy chart. What isn't listed is the badges that can also be earned from some of the affiliates, but I talk about those in my TrueBlue badges section.

So far, I've redeemed the e-Rewards and JetBlue by Amex offers. The e-Rewards is pretty quick and easy and so is the JetBlue Amex. These are by far the best two to start with for getting bonus TrueBlue points.

I'm currently waiting on some Marriott points to post from my Marriott branded Chase credit card, which will net me 5 points / dollar from booking directly with Marriott (+ 20% for the platinum level membership that comes with the card). I think the points are more valuable so I have them set in my Marriott profile to automatically transfer to JetBlue. It's been a few weeks since my statement posted and I am still waiting for the points.

Unfortunately the ShopTrue site has been "under construction" since November - but once it is back up it should be a great shopping portal to earn some extra rewards. I also tried to switch to Energy Plus, a third party energy retailer but their site doesn't seem to be letting me sign up. The last page in the registration process times out and leaves me without anything useful. I'll be checking back on it in a few weeks and posting if it goes through.

Next up I am planning to give Laithwaites wines a chance. The introductory offer is good, 15 bottles of wine for $69.99 plus $19.99 shipping and handling. It's a service, though, so be sure to cancel right after the first delivery or you'll be paying a lot more for less wine come the next billing period. This makes for some well-priced bottles of wine and nets over half the points needed for a domestic flight.

Have any experience with these other affiliates? I'd love to hear.

 - John

No comments:

Post a Comment